Since Solaris has no hierarchy, the role of coordinator is not a leadership role, but a volunteer role the purpose of which is the proper functioning of the district organization.
- First and foremost, the coordinator administers the group and/or the Telegram channels and chat.
- He/She creates an email address for the group if none exist already.
- He/She works in a team with the other group/cell coordinators.
- He/She can organize meetings in person or by zoom, although all members are encouraged to do this.
- He/She creates and maintains links with neighboring cells.
- He/She studies and familiarises himself with the workings of SOLARIS and sees to it that the Solaris Spirit is maintained. He therefore can help inform newcomers.
- SOLARIS has no hierarchy or leaders, it is a new type of collective governance. One does not seek authorization from a coordinator to initiate actions, but rather one has confidance in his/her own power, talents and inspiration to realize these actions, while informing the group because SOLARIS is a network of humans based on respect and good faith.
- Often a person will offer his services as coordinator to launch a cell, then others will join him. The team will grow and a natural rotation of roles will implement itself.
- There are 3 coordinators such that one is always available and reachable.
- The members of a cell may sovereignly decide to recreate a new cell if they deem this appropriate.
- Once a critical number of cells is established, it will be important to implement an analogue radio network (Citizen Band radios, walkie talkie ...)